After long digging and playing with CSS, I finally fixed the font weights and colors in the global application menu. See my updated page Making Ubuntu MATE look like macOS.
The OSX El Capitan mouse cursors is my favorite theme at the moment. There are two drawbacks, however: The theme doesn't install from the KDE control panel (it comes with an installer script which you have to run manually). The theme seems to be incomplete I finally addressed those issues... Install the Cursor Scheme Download the theme (most current version) from gnome-look.org . Extract it and copy it so that is available for all users, especially for the login screen: t ar xvjf ~/Downloads/OSX-ElCap-\(KDE\).R2.tar.bz2 sudo mv OSX-ElCap-\(KDE\)/OSX-ElCap /usr/share/icons/ sudo chown -R root:root /usr/share/icons/OSX-ElCap/ Fix Missing Cursors I wrote a small Python script to create the missing links. I might add another few links in the future and I didn't want to have a ln -s cascade somewhere. Instead, I prefer adding another key/value pair to a hashmap and let the script do all the work... #!/bin/python import os, sys CURSOR_THEME = "/usr/share/...
I finally decided to listen to the funny noises my hard drive was starting to make - including slow starts, intermittent crashes, ... you get the idea. I got myself a shiny new SSD and installed yet another Linux variant, but sticking to the KDE desktop, so the Making (Manjaro) KDE look like macOS pages are still valid. I made some improvements to some of my scripts, because they would not work any more due to a different Python location, more secure process environment permissions, ...: wallpaper.py now requires exportEnvironment.sh to copy environment variables to ~/.Xenv, because DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS cannot be acquired from the desktop process' environment anymore. Both of these scripts should run on startup, see System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Autostart . fix-OSX-ElCap.py now includes an additional symbolic link to openhand. Needless to say, having an SSD instead of a (still fairly quick) SSHD makes working on my machine much more fun - esp...
Looking back at the configuration it didn't seem to be that much. However, when writing up all the steps, taking screenshots, taking care of every detail, I soon discovered that I will need more than one page to describe all the customization. Anyway, I just finished part 1 if making (Manjaro) KDE look like macOS. Have a look and maybe you'll try it yourself...
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen